FIRST® ROBOTS: Behind the Design Book
- Authors: Vince Wilczynski and Stephanie Slezycki
- Foreword by Dean Kamen, Founder of FIRST®
- Afterword by Woodie Flowers, FIRST® Distinguished Advisor
- Publication Date: January 9, 2016
- Hardcover: 247 pages with over 350 photographs
- ISBN: 978-0692540626
- Price includes shipping via USPS Media Mail for domestic orders only
FIRST® Robots: Behind the Design features 30 top-performing robots from the 2015 FIRST® Robotics Competition, which partners youth and mentors to design and construct robots for exciting sports-like competition. The annual event draws leading robot designers who compete, cooperate, and experience the rewards of engineering and science. The 2015 campaign spanned the globe and included 2,900 teams and more than 72,000 high school students.
The 30 robots and design teams featured in this book are exemplars: a collection of the finest designs and teams in the 2015 FIRST Robotics Competition. Team profiles document the design, manufacturing, and control processes that converted innovative ideas into sophisticated, high-performing robots. Proven methodologies are described to showcase advanced technology and provide as intimate understanding of what it takes to design, manufacture, and control a FIRST robot.
Price includes shipping via USPS Media Mail for domestic orders only. Contact us for international shipping.